What's Included In Your Monthly HOA/POA Dues?
One of the most common questions asked about the Village of Cinderberry is "What's included in the monthly dues?" All condominium communities are not the same, nor do their dues pay for all of the things already included in the dues payment here in the Village of Cinderberry.
Your monthly dues buy you a carefree lifestyle:
- All of the outdoor maintenance around your home and in all common areas, including the landscaping, is covered in your dues. Grass is cut on a regular basis, and treated with fertilizer and weed killer, so that all lawn areas stay green and weed free. Lawns and planting beds are also irrigated, and plants and bushes are maintained for you. Mulch is put down every spring and planting beds are weeded.
- The maintenance of the porches, driveways and sidewalks is included.
- Storm water ponds, with their fountains and lights, are maintained and operated during the warm weather months.
- Snow is removed from your walkway and driveway in the wintertime once a predetermined level of snow is reached. Our streets are plowed by the Town of Georgetown.
- The maintenance of the physical exterior of your home is also included. The costs of maintaining everything outside your home - the roof, the siding, the windows, the front door, and the garage doors are maintained, and a reserve fund is kept so these items can be replaced according to a predetermined schedule once their useful life is expended. A reserve study looking 30 years into the future, and the capital spending required for each of these years was completed in 2012, and is available for view on our website. The Village of Cinderberry is one of the few communities in Delaware that has completed a reserve study. The reserve study can be found on the Reserve Study page.
- The Community Center, with its heated indoor pool, exercise room, lavatories, locker facilities, library, serving kitchen and cardrooms, is cleaned and maintained, ready for your use each day. Large meetings are held in the assembly room, and you can rent out the facility at a nominal cost for private family functions as an owner here. Horseshoe pits at the Center add to the outdoor fun.
- The Association's Master Insurance Policy is a cut above normal condominium association policies, in that it covers many more items in case of fire or loss than a standard policy. This saves a lot of money on your personal contents policy, known as an HO-6 policy. Having your insurance agent speak with the agent for our policy can get you the proper insurance coverage at significant cost savings.
All this for only $320.00/month. It makes it so easy when you wish to take a vacation or if you wish to travel. Lock up and go, and don't worry about taking care of the outside at all.
Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? So, what are some other benefits of choosing to live in the Village of Cinderberry?
The streets, streetlights, fire hydrants, street signs and the sewer lift station are all maintained by the Town of Georgetown. There is Town supplied water, sewer collection, trash collection and resource recycling which you pay for quarterly. Sussex County offers property and school tax assistance programs for those with low income, disabled citizens, and senior citizens. Low property taxes for Georgetown and Sussex County help make the Village of Cinderberry very affordable.
High speed Internet, landline telephone and state of the art HD television service-all supplied by Comcast-is available, and you can choose which services you wish to have.
Three highways -Routes 9, 113, and 404- help you to easily access tourism and shopping destinations in Lewes and Rehoboth to the east, Salisbury to the south, Annapolis to the west, Baltimore to the northwest, and Dover, Wilmington and Philadelphia to the north.
And all of the shopping in Delaware is free of any sales tax! This can save you a huge amount of money...especially when outfitting your new home here.
When you compare other communities with the Village of Cinderberry, the choice is clear and easy. With all of these advantages, your time becomes your own.
Come visit us and see for yourself.
April, 2013 Rev. March, 2016