What's Included In Your Monthly HOA/POA Dues?
One of the most common questions asked about the Village of Cinderberry is “What’s included in the monthly dues?” All condominium communities are not the same, nor do their dues pay for all of the things already included in the dues payment here in the Village of Cinderberry.
YOUR MONTHLY DUES INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Outdoor/Indoor maintenance of the community buildings and limited areas around your home, including grass cutting on a regular, seasonal basis, as well as fertilizer and weed killer; lawns are irrigated; trees and bushes are maintained for you; Mulch/pine needles, is put down every spring; and planting beds are weeded. Pine cones and twigs are not picked up.
- Maintenance of driveways and walkways is included.
- Storm water ponds, with their fountains, are maintained and operated during the warm weather months.
- Snow is removed from your walkway and driveway in the wintertime once a predetermined level of accumulation is reached. Our streets are plowed by the Town of Georgetown.
- The maintenance of the siding and roof of your home is also included with biannual cleaning. The roof, siding, windows, front door and the garage door are maintained. A reserve fund is kept so these items can be replaced according to a predetermined schedule once their useful life is expended. The Architectural Review Committee (referred to as ARC) approved additions, sun rooms, porches, patios, additional landscaping, and the like, remain the responsibility of the homeowner. A reserve study, looking thirty years into the future, and the capital spending required for each of these years, was completed in 2019, and is currently being updated for 2022. It will be posted on our website upon completion. The Village of Cinderberry is one of the few communities in Delaware that has completed a reserve study and it can be found on the Reserve Study
- The Community Center, with its heated indoor pool, exercise room, lavatories, locker facilities, library, serving kitchen and card rooms, is cleaned and maintained, ready for your use every day. Large meetings are held in the assembly room, and you can rent out the facility at a nominal cost for private family functions as an owner.
- The Associations Master Insurance Policy is a cut above normal condominums association policies, in that it covers many more items in case of fire or loss than a standard policy. This saves a lot of money on your personal contents policy, known as an HO-6 policy. Having your insurance agent speak with the agent for our policy can get you the proper insurance coverage at a significant cost savings.
All this for a reasonable monthly fee, which makes it so easy when you wish to take a trip or travel. Lock up and go, and don’t worry about taking care of the outside at all.
OTHER BENEFITS OF CHOOSING TO LIVE IN THE VILLAGE OF CINDERBERRY
The streets, streetlights, fire hydrants, street signs and the sewer lift station are all maintained by the Town of Georgetown. There is Town supplied water, sewer collection, trash collection and resource recycling which you pay for quarterly. Sussex County offers property and school tax assistance programs for those with low incomes, disabled citizens and senior citizens. Low property taxes for Georgetown and Sussex County help make the Village of Cinderberry very affordable.
High speed internet, landline telephone and state of the art HD television service – all supplied by Comcast is available, and you can choose which services you wish to have.
Three highways – Routes 9, 113 and 404 – help you to easily access tourism and shopping destinations in Lewes and Rehoboth to the east, Salisbury, MD to the south, Annapolis, MD to the west, and Baltimore, MD to the northwest, and Dover, Wilmington and Philadelphia, PA to the north.
When you compare other communities with the Village of Cinderberry, the choice is clear and easy. With all of these advantages, your time becomes your own. The community is managed by resident volunteers and everyone is encouraged to volunteer and help the community.
Come visit us and see for yourself.
April, 2013 Rev. May, 2022